Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Next up: Humbug Alleviator [?] Doppelbock

Our next beer--which will be our Christmas beer--is going to be a Doppelbock. Traditionally, the names of Doppelbocks end in "-ator" (e.g. Salvator and Optimator), so I'm trying to come up with a name that's related to Christmas, weather, or ideally both. Right now the leading name choice is "Humbug Alleviator," though other options are "Arctic Precipitator," "Red-Nosed Navigator," "St. Nick Impersonator," and my personal favorite, "Snowed-in Fornicator" (think blizzard babies are a myth? check it out: http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=5680050). Feel free to contribute other suggestions.

Anyway, I made the starter last night after some thermometer issues. I'm making a 2-liter starter for a 5-gallon batch, and after pitching around 11pm last night I saw signs of fermentation when I woke up this morning. Tentative brew day is Sunday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawnie said...

I vote for "snowed-in fornicator." Hee.

6:10 AM, October 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home