Friday, August 07, 2009

FotoFriday #8


So, the picture above is almost two and a half years old (here's what my daughter is looking like these days) but I thought it was appropriate for this week's FotoFriday because of a great story I have to tell...

Yesterday I was out in the backyard grilling chicken breasts for dinner, and my daughter Dorrie was goofing around in the garage. We have this old lamp in the garage that has an opening in the top of it, and Dorrie was feeding the cord through the top. I asked her, "What are you doing?" Her response?

"I'm making beer!"

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, it's root beer!"

She then made me stay inside the garage for a few minutes to stir the "root beer." Needless to say, I was a proud homebrewing dad at that moment.

On an unrelated note, I'm heading for the Great Taste of the Midwest tomorrow morning. If you're also going and you happen to run into a guy in a Valparaiso University t-shirt, be sure to say hi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home