Monday, November 02, 2009

Good times, bad times, you know I had my share.

First the good times...Our Scottish Ale is fermenting away! Despite my worries about a dead yeast starter (as posted yesterday), something is generating a Kräusen in the carboy, and I strongly suspect it's brewer's yeast.

Now the bad times... We went 0-for-3 at the Chicago Beer Society Spooky Brew Review. The three beers we entered were our F5 Altbier, our Hoar Frost Oktoberfest and our Gust Front Leipzig-Style Wheat. My criticism of each are as follows: the Alt isn't hopped enough, the Oktoberfest is too hopped, and the Gose is too sweet. I'll be curious to see what the judges say. And one of these years I'll finally win something in my hometown's only homebrew competition.

3 Comments:

Blogger Señor Brew™ said...

...when my homebrew left town with no blue ribbon man, I still don't seem to care!

Better luck next year Russ. If it makes you feel any better, I went 0-2 this year at Spooky Brew, and I'm 1-12 all year.

7:56 AM, November 03, 2009  
Blogger M. Randolph said...

Hey, did you get your sheets back yet?

1:46 PM, November 12, 2009  
Blogger Chibe said...

Nada yet...

5:43 AM, November 13, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home