Saturday, August 14, 2010

So, about that kid...

Yeah, I've alluded to it a few times now, but I figure I should formally announce that Leah and I welcomed our third child, Lillian Margaret, into the world on July 20th. She was another big baby, weighing in at 10 lbs. even (which means that Leah has now had TWO babies weighing ten pounds or more via natural birth; not bad for a chick who's only 5'2"). As you can see, Lily's doing just fine:


Lily's arrival meant that it was finally time to crack open the baby beer (which I hope to review soon). We brought it along to the hospital and cracked it open that evening... Needless to say Leah's excited to be back among the non-teetotalers again. On a side note, we've still got a few bottles left so if you're in the neighborhood feel free to stop by and grab one!

Finally, I'll note that the new addition hasn't slowed down our brewing. As has been documented on this blog, we've already had two brew days during the first three weeks of Lily's life. I would be remiss if I didn't post a picture of Leah and Lily during Lily's first brew day:


Something tells me there will be plenty more where that came from. (Brew days, that is. Not kids. I think we've got our hands full as it is!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Señor Brew™ said...

Congratulations, you fertile S.O.B! You have to help me with negotiating with the wife time to brew vs.time with the kids, although it seems that your kids are old enough now (except for the newborn) to "help" with the brewing.

I don't think I can stop by to pick up a bottle of the baby brew,but I'm willing to ship you one of mine for one of yours.

1:35 AM, August 17, 2010  
Blogger Chibe said...

Popped open a couple bottles of the baby beer at our homebrew meeting on Tuesday and . . . sour. :-( Not sure what happened but I'm thinking that sadly it wouldn't be worth the postage to ship it.

As for negotiating time to brew, not sure how much I can help you with that one. I think in my case it helped that Leah and I brewed together prior to the kids being born, so she's probably more understanding than most wives.

How's your little one doing, by the way?

3:20 PM, August 19, 2010  
Anonymous Leah said...

My recommendation is to buy her a gorgeous wrap or sling so she can join the fun. Perhaps she's not as much of a babywearing obsessive as me? But I do think the combo of a pretty present and the ability to have my hands free would go a long way. I think she might need one of these: http://www.gypsymama.com/shop/stretch.htm ;-)
Or, for less expensive options, you can do Moby Wraps which are also awesome.

5:23 PM, August 19, 2010  
Blogger Señor Brew™ said...

Little Tesla is doing great, only getting up once in the night.

Leah, we have a Baby Bjorn, we use it all the time. Tess falls asleep as soon as you put her in it. Thank you for the suggestion.

11:08 PM, August 28, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home