Monday, March 07, 2011

We're gonna have an Altbier party tonight!

Well, not tonight (unless you're reading this a week from now). But forced Black Flag references aside, I'm excited to announce that the release party for Metropolitan's Iron Works Altbier--for which I served as a taste-tester special consultant--is Monday, March 14th, at Hopleaf in Chicago's Andersonville neighborhood. The fun starts at 7pm, so I hope to be there by 6:30. If you stop by, be sure to say hi and buy me a pint... after all, if it weren't for me there would be no Iron Works!* And if you can't make it, you should be able to find Iron Works starting next weekend at your local quality bottle shop (and if you're REALLY cheap, Doug and Tracy will be pouring free samples at the Lincoln Park Binny's on Friday the 18th from 5-7pm, but I guarantee you after one sip you'll grab a six-pack or two!).

*This statement is totally untrue (my job as a special consultant generally involved tasting the various batches and giving them either one thumb up or two thumbs up), but I'll say anything for a free beer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Señor Brew™ said...

Nice. I would come if I were still in town. As far as the Black Flag reference goes--I like how when the Ataris covered Don Henley's Boys of Summer, they changed the lyrics from "Dead Head" to "Black Flag" (...sticker on a Cadillac).

9:21 PM, March 07, 2011  
Blogger Chibe said...

I was never a huge fan of that cover (mostly because I never really liked the song in the first place) but I did think that switch was cool. I had never even gotten the significance of the "Dead Head sticker on a Cadillac" line (I mean, for our generation, is that really strange?) but then when I heard the Ataris' remake I actually understood, so props to them.

9:38 AM, March 09, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home