Monday, June 22, 2009

Long overdue Beard-a-thon wrap-up

You may have noticed that, after bugging you non-stop about the Chicago Blackhawks Beard-a-thon for a month or so, I suddenly stopped. Yes, as you probably guessed, that corresponded with the Blackhawks being ousted from the Stanley Cup finals by the maleficent Detroit Red Wings (and it also corresponded with our vacation to Scotland, so I couldn't blog about it right away). However, before all was said and done, I managed to raise $1,043 for charity thanks to all of you! I had several requests for how I should shave off my beard when the fateful day came, so as a thank you to everybody who donated to the cause, I now present yours truly with all sorts of silly facial hair.

We start out with one last look at the beard:


If Billy Mays ever retires, I'm ready to take over. Next I went for the goatee with mutton chops:


That one was too boring, so I decided to go with a biker-friendly look:


Despite the odd expression on my face, I kinda liked that one. I definitely liked it better than the next one, which I call the "dumb side character on Deadwood" look:


Immediately after this, Dorrie asked, "Mama, why is Dada smiling with his eyes?" When Leah asked what she meant by that, Dorrie demonstrated:


That picture cracks me up every time I see it. Moving on, I progressed to the "cool character from Deadwood" look:


That was the other look I kinda liked, but Leah vetoed it. This led to my Luigi-meets-Borat look:


Um... no. Maybe trimming it to a Jeff Kent-style mustache would make things better?


Not really. At this point there was only one option left. No, not this. I mean a John Waters pencil-thin mustache. I don't know how he does it, but this is as thin as I could get it:


So there you have it, folks. Thanks again to all of you who donated. If you ever find yourself in Beverly, the beer's on me!

8 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Dorrie does a mean impression of you there...

9:51 PM, June 22, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can still do the "Star Trek The Next Generation" forward pointing side-burns!

11:39 PM, June 22, 2009  
Blogger Barry M said...

Classic :D Love the deadwood looks (and of course the biker-friendly one) :D

2:24 AM, June 23, 2009  
Anonymous Ryan said...

When I shaved my beard off a while ago, I ended up staying with the "cool character from deadwood look" for a couple months. To this day I am mocked relentlessly for it!

10:14 AM, June 23, 2009  
Anonymous tom saldaan said...

that was awesome! on the last photo... if you would have cut a two inch separation in the middle.... you would have looked like the Old Mexican actor "Cantiflas"!!!!
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=cantinflas&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Cheers!

10:21 AM, June 23, 2009  
Anonymous tom saldana said...

that's tom saldana.....oy what a bad day for typing!

10:23 AM, June 23, 2009  
Blogger Chibe said...

Thanks for the clarification, Tommy. For a second I thought you were Tom Saldaan, the brother of former Chicago Bears running back (and complete bust) Rashaan Saldaan. ;-)

3:47 PM, June 23, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stumbled on this by accident and I love it!!!! What fun.

11:37 AM, February 02, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home