Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Listen to me! I'm on the stereo, stereo.

If you're really bored on Sunday evening and you live in Chicago, you can hear me (as well as many other, far more interesting people) on the Drinking & Writing radio show, which airs the first Sunday of every month at 6 PM on WLUW 88.7 FM. Host Steve Mosqueda was kind enough to have me on to talk about my homebrew club's upcoming Oktoberfest party which you may have heard me mention once or twice. You really should listen--not for me, but for the cool interviews they'll have from the Great Taste of the Midwest. The show is also available on podcast (this month's will probably be uploaded early next week) and I strongly encourage everyone to subscribe. It's a great show.

A few random notes while I'm posting . . . Our Altbier should be done fermenting by now. I took a reading last Wednesday and it was already down to 1022/1020 (I want to say the WLP320 yeast was the one that was fermenting faster). I'm planning on racking this weekend, probably while brewing the Gose. . . . I tried to filter one of the Oktoberfest kegs on Monday so I could carbonate and send a couple bottles to the Schooner Homebrew Championship, but I ran into a small snag--I couldn't get my brass fitting to thread into the plastic housing unit correctly. Fortunately Amazon has a very customer-friendly return policy and a replacement is on the way. Unfortunately, this probably means we won't enter anything into the Schooner, as it doesn't seem worth the effort to enter only our F6 Sticke Alt (which, despite being over nine months old, still tastes damn good!). . . . Finally, if you enjoy Kölsch-style beer, keep your eyes open for Metropolitan's Krankshaft Kölsch, which should be hitting Chicago-area bars and stores any day now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home