Friday, October 09, 2009

Kids Need Beer Too!



Okay, so kids shouldn't really be DRINKING the beer. But, malt, hops, yeast, and water are good for you no matter what your age!

I found a spectacular and easy recipe today that is easy, very tasty, and bakes off the alcohol so the kids can enjoy the homebrew. The best part? It makes baking with a 3 year old less messy because everything goes in the same bowl! (Baking with a 3 year old is one of those things that sounds WAY more fun and idyllic than it actually is.)

This recipe for beer bread took Dorrie and I about 10 minutes to throw together, then it baked for an hour. It came out of the oven about half an hour before Russ got home, so it had a bit of time to cool. We all really enjoyed it once it was baked too (including Jonas, who kept eating from his chunk of bread and then turning around and looking at me like "YOU HAVE BEEN HOLDING OUT ON ME WITH JUST THAT MILK, WOMAN!").

I used 12 oz. of the sticke altbier for the recipe. Afterwards I was kicking myself for not using the Black Moon, since altbier is so hoppy. But it turned out wonderful, so I'm guessing it would be pretty darned good no matter what beer you use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home