Monday, September 28, 2009

Approaching maximum capacity

Well, tonight I filtered our F5 Altbier brewed with WLP 320 (which, incidentally, will be served at THIS SATURDAY'S Oktoberfest party--details and tickets HERE) and realized that every keg is filled except one (filtering requires two kegs, hence I had to keep one empty). I always thought I had way more kegs than I could ever use, but apparently not. Here's the rundown of what's in which keg:

F5 Altbier (WLP 320) - Terwilliger
F5 Altbier (WLP 038) - Nahasapeemapetilon
Gust Front Leipzig-Style Wheat - Quimby
Hoar Frost Oktoberfest (filtered) - Frink
Hoar Frost Oktoberfest (unfiltered, uncarbonated) - Wiggum
F6 Sticke Alt - Syzlak
Black Moon Black Witbier - Krabappel
Springfield Lemon Co. Lemonade - Krustofski
Flossmoor Station Ruby Brown Dunkel (donation for Oktoberfest) - Hutz

The only other functioning keg I have is Lovejoy (which held the Alt until I filtered it this evening). I'm somewhat surprised I've got all these kegs accounted for, but at the same time two are almost gone (the Syzlak and Frink kegs) and two more should be gone/almost gone after Saturday (Terwilliger and Hutz), so things should be back to normal soon. In the meantime, it's kind of cool to see all the beer I've amassed. Mmm... beer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Señor Brew™ said...

Wow 10 kegs! What's with the blue tape on them?

5:07 PM, September 29, 2009  
Blogger Chibe said...

Actually, most of the kegs in the picture aren't mine (though I do have two with that blue tape). One of the guys in my club puts the tape around kegs used for Oktoberfest donations because it has a paper-like backing that is easy to write on so you know which beer is in which keg.

6:34 PM, September 30, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home