Saturday, November 07, 2009

Novemberfest is only a week away!

So when we moved back to Chicago in 2003 and, coincidentally started homebrewing, we decided to throw a party to catch up with all of our college friends living in the area. We were too busy in October (what with our homebrew club's Oktoberfest party, my church's Oktoberfest party, other Oktoberfest parties, Halloween parties, Columbus Day parties... okay, no Columbus Day parties, but you get the point) so we decided to have a Novemberfest party instead.

Well, five years later Novemberfest is still going strong. The only problem is, I kind of dropped the ball on the invites this year. I put together an evite about a week ago, but finished it around midnight and only got about half my invite list together before I got too tired and called it a night. I meant to finish up the invite list the next day but never did. So here's the deal... If you're reading this you're invited to Novemberfest. I'm going to try and get the rest of the invites out today (after the Festival of Barrel-Aged Beer), but given my level of disorganization and the amount of high-gravity beer I'll be consuming, I might miss a few people. So if you're in the Chicagoland area and want to stop by, drop me an email at rchibe [at] gmail [dot] com.

Now on to the specifics... The party is next Saturday (the 14th) and will start at 6:30 for those of you with little ones (well, anybody's welcome at 6:30, but we're starting early specifically for those who will be bringing their kids, as Dorrie's bedtime is 8pm and that should give them time to play before hitting the hay). We'll have our F5 Altbier, Hoar Frost Oktoberfest, possibly cider if it's not too harsh at that point, and some surprises. Feel free to bring some sort of snack or dessert if you're one of those people who can't show up empty-handed, but you really don't need to bring anything.

Hope to see you there!

1 Comments:

Blogger Señor Brew™ said...

Novemberfest was great Russ. Good people, good beer, good time! Thanks again for the invitation.

8:28 AM, November 17, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home