Thursday, March 27, 2008

Next up: Hail Shaft Pilsner

So, as you might have guessed from my last post, I made a yeast starter Tuesday night (a 2-liter yeast starter, to be specific). Assuming I feel better (I caught some sort of nasty stomach virus last night), we will be brewing our first Pilsner Sunday. It's going to be a German-style Pils called Hail Shaft Pilsner. The funny thing is this brew is something like six years in the making. Before I even started homebrewing I had this idea to start a German-style brewery and our flagship beer was going to be Hail Shaft Pilsner. At this point, I don't plan on switching careers any time soon, but assuming all goes well on Sunday Hail Shaft Pilsner will finally be a reality.

In the meantime, the yeast starter seems to be fermenting just fine and should be ready to go. Look for a full report Sunday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home