Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Doin' the dumb things I gotta do

I've been doing a lot of kegging lately in preparation for Saturday's Novemberfest party, so before I forget here's a quick rundown of what's in what:

F5 Altbier (WLP 038) - Krabappel
F5 Altbier (WLP 320) - Terwilliger
Gust Front Leipzig-Style Wheat - Quimby
Mr. Kim's Secret Microbrew - Frink
Hoar Frost Oktoberfest - Nahasapeemapetilon
Paddy Whacker Cider - Wiggum
Black Moon Black Witbier - Syzlak [EDIT: It finally kicked right before the party!]
Springfield Lemon Co. Lemonade - Krustofski

I also have a gallon or so left of two beers donated for our HOPS! Oktoberfest (the rule is if you supply the keg for Oktoberfest donations, you get to keep whatever's left at the end of the party):
Flossmoor Station Ruby Brown Dunkel - Hutz
Gordon Biersch Altbier - Lovejoy

Okay, with that all out of the way, a couple other notes... Today I kegged both the cider and the Mr. Kim's Microbrew. The cider finished at 1.003 and I'll be backsweetening the 2 gallons of fermented cider with a half gallon of fresh cider tomorrow morning (once it's dropped to around 35°F). The Mr. Kim's finished at 1014, which means it clocks in at a hefty 7.1% ABV... enriched indeed. I also took a sample of the Scottish ale, and it's already down to 1030 and tasting pretty damn good if I do say so myself.

On a completely unrelated note, yesterday I posted over at the HOPS! blog about three beers I'm looking forward to enjoying this winter. Check it out here and chime in with your favorite winter beers while you're at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home