Sunday, February 22, 2009

Finally it has happened to me right in front of my face and I just cannot hide it.


So I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this is the only time I will ever quote Ce Ce Peniston on this blog (or any other, for that matter). Anyway, as you can see, Russell Jonas Chibe (or simply Jonas if you're into the whole brevity thing) has finally arrived. He joined us at 4:05pm on Friday, weighing in at a whopping 10 lb. 6 oz. Yeah, it's been a bit of a whirlwind weekend.

A couple beer-related notes... First, we finally tried our Dunkelweizen shortly after he was born. Leah, Tricia (our good friend and doula) and I popped a 750-mL bottle to celebrate the occasion, and I was pleased overall with the results. I'll post a full critique some time down the road, but I can definitely say I won't be embarassed to pass out the "It's A Boy!" bottles.

Second, I somewhat foolishly decided to brew today, less than 48 hours after Jonas's fortiutous birth. (Time was running out to get my Irish Red done in time for St. Patty's Day.) I'll try to get a full wrap-up typed out by tomorrow evening, but it went surprisingly well--for me, at least. Poor Leah, stuck inside with a newborn and a two-year-old, might beg to differ. In my defense though, I gave her veto power and she said go ahead and brew... just want to make sure you guys don't think I'm a total jerk. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely a partial jerk, but not a total one.

Well, time for me to take over baby duties. I'm thinking I might need another bottle of that Dunkelweizen.

5 Comments:

Blogger Barry M said...

Congratulations! :D

And brew every opportunity you can, as those opportunities may decrease now ;)

3:08 AM, February 23, 2009  
Blogger Adam said...

Congrats!

I'll have to say you're doing better than I did. My brewing stopped for 7 years when the first of 3 was born.

Cheers!

8:20 AM, February 23, 2009  
Blogger Ted Danyluk said...

Congratulations Russ & Leah. That is great news!

4:10 PM, February 23, 2009  
Blogger Señor Brew™ said...

Congratulations!! I'm raising a glass of my bock to you and Leah and Jonas right now.

8:11 PM, February 23, 2009  
Blogger TrueBrewBlog said...

Congratulations, that must have been a heckuva delivery, over ten pounds. Looks like a brewer, though! Good Luck...

7:19 PM, February 28, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home