Monday, March 23, 2009

Let's party like it's 1979!

That's right... it was thirty years ago this Thursday that I blessed the world with my presence. Okay, so that might be overstating things, but the simple fact is I kiss my twenties goodbye on March 26th, and it just so happens that it's also a Mug Club tapping at Rock Bottom. What does that mean? It means that if you can get your ass over to Rock Bottom on the southwest corner of State and Grand in Chicago's River North neighborhood, you can celebrate with me! And better yet, you can celebrate with me without dropping a dime, because Rock Bottom tappings are free to all Mug Club members and it doesn't cost anything to join the Mug Club. So stop by at 6pm for an hour of free Double IPA, introduce yourself if we haven't met yet, and stick around for dinner if you're really adventurous. I can't think of a better way to spend my thirtieth.

A couple random notes while I'm here... First, the photo above is courtesy of my lovely wife (and very infrequent poster here) Leah, who is currently taking an online photography course. She had to take some long-exposure pics, and looking for another subject besides Dorrie, Jonas, or Dorrie and Jonas, she turned her attention to me. I thought it would be cool to try to emulate some old-timey beer ads and show off my kegerator at the same time. The above is one of the results. Unfortunately the light was too bright (even with all the shades down in the basement) to do really long exposures, but I still thought it came out pretty cool. So anyway, kudos to Leah for being an awesome photographer.

Second, tonight I'll be making a starter for the Maibock I plan on brewing on Saturday. Probably won't be ready until very late May at the earliest, but as long as I tap it by May 31st, it still counts, right? Anyway, hope to see a few of you Thursday. Cheers!

Second,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawnie said...

Aw, how nice of Rock Bottom to throw you a party! I'm so sorry I'll miss it. I'd tell you to have a good time, but I know you will :-)

9:38 PM, March 23, 2009  
Blogger Señor Brew™ said...

Happy Birthday, Russ. I might stop by Rock Bottom to help you celebrate. If not, have a beer on me! (O.K. it's really on Rock Bottom)

11:26 PM, March 25, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home