Friday, September 15, 2006

Kegging the ESB... brewing this weekend?

Tonight I'm planning on kegging the ESB. It's been fermenting at a pretty high temperature (I was too lazy to move the lagering Dunkel from the chest freezer to the garage fridge, so I just left the carboy in the basement which has been around 75°F all week), but from what I've read those crazy Brits usually fermented at high temps anyway, so we'll see how it turns out.

I also think I'm going to make a yeast starter for our Weizenbock, and if it's firing by tomorrow evening we'll go ahead and brew. Leah may do the actual brewing, with our without our friend Marta, so she can subsequently enter the finished product in the Queen of Beer competition (in which, I might add, she took third place in the "estery beer" category last year).

Ooh! And this weekend is a big one competition-wise, as our Gust Front Leipzig-Sytle Wheat and our Cocoa Puffs Stout will be judged in the Cactus Open and our Gust Front and Lake Effect Kölsch-style ale will be judged in the Schooner Homebrew Championship. Here's hoping we're a ribbon or two richer this time next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home